Sunday, September 20, 2020

Found Poem

This morning I learned what a "found poem" is! You "appropriate" other people's words in stuff you find in newspapers, books, billboards, signs, ads, whatever, and mix them up into a poem, sort of like literary collage. Sounded fun to me! So I tried one, in honor of the fall equinox, and I quite like it. If it's so easy, is it any good?


Emergency Broadcast


Found Poem by Judy Todd

Found in the comics section of 9/20/20 LA Times


Wake all!

I warned you

The world being off its axis

Since the vernal equinox

I’ve been afraid

Old forms of danger

Like the plague

Really smacked us

I have no idea

Where that came from

I have no idea

Where this is going

Please forgive me

For anything bad I’ve done

Here comes the autumnal equinox

Patrol together

 

No comments:

Post a Comment